Caroline H. Semancik is an associate at Tenenbaum & Saas, P.C. Caroline’s practice at Tenenbaum & Saas is concentrated on the representation of landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions, including leasing of office, retail, mixed-use, and industrial properties. She is also experienced in the representation of real estate developers in their acquisition, development, financing, and disposition of similar types of properties.
Prior to joining the firm, Caroline concentrated her practice on the representation of residential real estate developers. In the past, she has served as in-house counsel to Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and Industrial Valley Title Insurance Company.
Caroline received her Juris Doctor from Temple University School of Law in Philadelphia. She also co-authored “Federal Liens on Real Estate” and published “Solving Real Estate Problems,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1989.
- Federal Liens on Real Estate (Co-Author), Solving Real Estate Problems, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 1989
- Landlord office leasing: Drafted and negotiated complex lease for 168,000+ square feet of office space (consisting of one complete existing building and a substantial portion of neighboring building), including work agreement addressing landlord obligations for shell building conditions and phased tenant build-out with allowance from landlord, lease guaranty from tenant’s parent company, form of subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreement, and extensive tenant signage and parking rights. Handled all aspects of leasing in multiple office buildings totaling 2,000,000 square feet in Washington, D.C. and suburbs, including form lease preparation.
- Landlord retail leasing: Assisted developer with initial leasing of new shopping center including leases for national chains and franchises. Negotiated and drafted shopping center anchor leases.
- Landlord industrial space leasing: Prepared short-form lease for use in industrial park and negotiated and drafted leases for multiple tenant spaces.
- Tenant office leasing: Assisted multi-billion dollar corporate tenant with the negotiation and drafting of lease for 12,000+ sf of office space.
- Tenant retail leasing: Assisted local small business with the negotiation and revision of a lease for manufacturing/retail space to incorporate tenant protections into landlord’s form of lease.